Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Glam Rock Pleats

Firstly, I would like to clarify that I am a pictures and not words kinda person so if any of my comments borders on plagiarism, I'm sorry. I actually do not read any of the text and jump straight to the slideshows to look at the pics so any plagiarism is unintended.

Let's move on. I decided to check on style.com to maintain a dedicated update on StashioniStash and lo and behold - pleats! And some with a glam rock twist! I love pleats. More so because they don't require much ironing. I'm so practical :)

From the ChloĆ© Spring 2011 Ready-to-wear collection, I love the colours and the flow-y movement of the skirts.


Next, Haider Ackermann Spring 2011 Ready-to-wear collection. Edgy glam rock chick but the sandals remind me of Teva for some reason:

Again, love the skirt and the asymmetrical top but not the black flap down the skirt:

This dress with cape from Richard Nicoll Spring 2011 Ready-to-wear made me LOL a bit: 
But as usual, love the movement of the fabric. 

Lastly, 2 looks from Rue du Mail Spring 2011 Ready-to-wear collection that I'd love to wear:


After browsing through the slideshows, it seems that toga and plunging (or just unbuttoned blouses/blazers) necklines are still in for Spring 2011. BTW, nothing from the Miu Miu Spring 2011 Ready-to-wear collection caught my eye because they look kinda stiff which runs counter to what I feel pleats should be - soft, flowy and full of movement.

Images from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment